Wednesday 26 March 2014

Perks of Being Sick


The perks of  being sick? Definitely not the illness itself but let's start from the beginning: Being sick is often a reaction to "too much". Too much work, too much stress, too much unhealthy food (oops), too much...
By being sick your body tells you to slow down a bit and give yourself a break. At that point I think it's important to really allow yourself that break. If you don't you'll get even worse. this happened to me recently so I know what I'm talking about... :(

I don't want to say that I love being sick because that's completely not the case! I'm rather healthy and able to run around breathing in the fresh air outside. But I have to say that being sick is an exception for me as this happens only every now and then (knock on wood!).

It's that time when it's completely okay to spend a whole day in your bed sleeping.
And it's the only time (except birthdays) when you can let someone serve you tea and breakfast while you're snuggled up in your bed.
Yesterday I also started and finished a cute book which made me really happy because I haven't had any time for reading in a while as I found myself studying a lot for my exams recently.

Now I'm feeling much better and I'm ready to rise!
But seriously: I kind of had time for regaining my energy and that's why I think everybody should allow themselves a break every now and then escpecially when you feel an illnes kicking in. Try to balance the "too much" with some free time for yourself without responsibilities.
You'll feel better and be a better you as you'll be able to regenerate your energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment